Law of the Economics, international tax law, maritime law and the legal advice of African cross border trade relationships are the core pillars for Afra Gyekye and her legal proficiency.
Her genuine interest in tax law as well as international trade relationships are the basis for her choice of career. After successfully completing the first state examination (focusing on Corporate Law and Economic, international law and Anglo-American Contract and Tax Law) at the University of Potsdam, Afra continued to gather valuable experience and competence while working with LISCR Liberian Registry in Hamburg and Zurich.
Afra enhanced her international focus further during her practical legal training in preparation of the second state examination while staging at HASPA Finance Holding, international law firms and the German Chamber of Foreign Trade in her home country Ghana.
After finishing further work experience as German qualified lawyer, Afra worked as associate from 2017 to 2019 with PwC Deutschland GmbH, Hamburg and focused on corporate tax law, maritime commercial law and was responsible as advisor for transaction in the sub-Sahara region of Africa, as member of the maritime competence team.
Africa as target region for economic enterprises and entrepreneurship offers a wide variety of possibility while presenting most investors with cultural challenges. Afra can offer both her legal expertise as well as cultural understanding and lead investors to a successful market entry and sustainable trade relationship as part of her Africa inbound advice.
As of May 2020, Afra joined KDB.legal Koch Boës, Hamburg as Counsel.
Born in Akim Oda, Ghana
- 1. (2007) and 2. (2014)
- legal state examination in Potsdam and Hamburg
- 2008 – 2012
- Manager Liberian corporate registry at LISCR Deutschland GmbH, Hamburg, Zurich and Luxembourg
- 2015 – 2017
- Associate Tax Law at Buchholz & Partner, Lawyers and Tax Advisors, Hamburg
- 2017 – 2020
- Associate International Corporate Tax Law at PwC Deutschland WpG GmbH, since December 2019 external counsel for Africa Inbound Transactions
- Since May 2020
- Counsel with KDB.legal Koch Boës, Hamburg
German, English, French, Twi Ghana
- International Tax Law
- Registry Matters and change of title of oceangoing vessels
- Legal Advice of investors, particularly regarding trade relationships with Africa
- Financing and Contract Matters