International commerce is the main focus of Alexey Ponomarev’s professional path. His practice concentrates on international disputes and transactions related to Russia.
Alexey graduated from the law faculty of the Higher School of Economics in Moscow with international private law as main subject. In the following years, he worked with a top-10 Russian bank and the largest Russian mezzanine investment fund as legal counsel, dealing primarily with complex projects in international finance and equity investments as well as transnational M&A deals. He is author of multiple articles addressing various aspects of Russian corporate law.
Before joining KDB.legal, Alexey received a Master of Laws (LLM) in International Dispute Resolution from Humboldt Universität Berlin and accomplished internships with Noer LLP. (Berlin) and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Frankfurt am Main). The topic of his master thesis covers the arbitrability of corporate disputes in stock corporations. Alexey has experience in arbitration proceedings under the rules of DIS, ICC, CEAC, CEPANI, and ad hoc arbitration as well.
Alexey joined KDB.legal in November 2019.
Born in Moscow
- Graduated from Higher School of Economics in Moscow
- Associate at agency of anti-crisis technologies and investments, Moscow
- Legal counsel at Hermitage Consulting and Management, Moscow
- Associate at Sameta LLC, Moscow
- Senior associate at Cliff Legal Service, Moscow
- General legal counsel at Investment Fund “HI Capital”
- Senior legal counsel at Credit Bank of Moscow
- Master of Laws in International Dispute Resolution, Humboldt Universität Berlin
- Since 2019
- Foreign Associate at KDB.legal
German, English, Russian
Specialist areas of focus
- International dispute resolution / arbitration
- International trade and commerce
- Cross border investments
- Corporate administration and transactions
- Russia related business